Need support? Start here
If your child is aged 0-6, newly diagnosed with a disability or developmental delay, or if you are concerned about your child’s development, Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) is the place to start.
ECEI has been developed by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to help children and families gain and use the skills they need to thrive. SDN is an ECEI provider across metropolitan NSW and the Nepean Blue Mountains.
What happens in ECEI?
When you first come to SDN for ECEI, we start by asking you what would improve the wellbeing of your child the most and we plan from there.
Some of the things we can do include:
- Provide you with information and develop a profile of your child
- Refer you to support services like a Community Health, playgroups or peer support group
- Provide a range of short-term supports. For example, if your child has a developmental delay and isn’t speaking, we might provide some speech therapy or other support strategies
- If your child requires more intensive long-term support we will assist you to complete a request to access the NDIS
- Undertake the planning process with you if the NDIA approves your request to access the NDIS
The support that’s right for your child might be a combination of the options above.
Do I need a referral?
No, although information from a doctor, nurse or early childhood teacher could be useful.
Where does SDN offer ECEI?
ECEI is managed by different providers in different locations. See below for more detail. If you are from outside these areas - find a provider who can help you with ECEI support.
SDN is an NDIS Partner delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention Services in Lithgow and a NDIS Transition Provider in many other areas of Sydney and NSW
• Bankstown City
• Fairfield City
• Liverpool City
• Liverpool Plains
• Hunters Hill
• Lane Cove
• North Sydney
• The Hills